Friday, November 30, 2012

Nature's Decoration

Since it is almost winter, things in the garden this time of year look quite bleak. Most people have planted bulbs for spring, cleaned out their veggie beds and put their gardening obsessions to rest for a few months. As I wandered around my yard this week I began to notice just how many things people use even at this time of year inside their homes. I snipped some holly to place around the house as a Christmas decoration. I noticed simple twigs and branches that may look rather unappealing in their raw form but can be turned into beautiful mantle pieces for the holidays with a little glitter, paint and imagination. Recently I bought some interesting potpourri called Seascape. When I opened it up, not only was there an amazingly earthy and sweet scent but I also saw an abundance of outdoor splendor that included dyed nuts, shells, twigs, cones and my favorite, starfish. I am now thinking of new ways to bring the cold weather foliage inside to create more memorable and inspiring decor.

No comments: